Sunday, October 23, 2011

A {personal} fairy tale story | wedding invitations


Ok. So Meg and Emily have been close friends for years.  Emily Post that is. 

I {Meg} have loved looking at the original Emily Post book that my grandmother had on her bookshelf since I was a small girl.  I dreamed of her fine table wear and an exquisitely set dining experience.  I gave my mother mounds of table linens for presents - later I had the realization that it was really I who was in love with them.  She was gracious and I believe enjoyed them as well.

Recently we have had the opportunity to design several invitations; a family gathering, a birthday party, and a number of new wedding invitations.  My heart has JUMPED with glee as we not only get to dream our way through a girl’s personal fairy tale.  Helping her find just the perfect way to convey their personalities, their dreams, and their own styles.  Honestly, it’s just all so much fun! 

In the doing so, what did I run across online?  Oh Oh Oh!  Emily Post has her own website now!  {Ok, well, at least her publishing company does} It is nearly just as exquisite as the books were.  A multitudinous amount of knowledge on etiquette and design – all in one place!  I’m linking to the page that talks about wedding invitations.  It is so well written.  How, who, and why do we send invitations?  I will do some more writing about that later, but let’s just say that I really appreciate their words on it! 

If you are getting married, have children, might ever have children, or are simply a nerd as I am and love etiquette books, I hope you take a look! 



Take a look, read a bit, and feel free to contact us if we can help design your {personal} fairy tale story.  After all, it's your day.  The invitation is the introduction into your story.  We believe it should be uniquely your own. 

~Two Cups | Brad & Meg

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! If Mum doesn't know about emily's website, she will now.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, awesome to hear from you! We can't wait to read your feedback - and will very soon! Have a great day!

Thanks!
Two Cups